Requirements and Process
How does Virtual Proctoring work?
Get Ready to Test!
- You must have an activated webcam positioned to see your entire face. You will be on camera throughout the entire test.
- Our Fotosure security software takes photos every minute of the test and every photo is reviewed by the iTEP graders.
- There is ZERO TOLERANCE for cheating. Any instances of cheating will result in your test scores being invalidated and the school will be notified.
- Note taking is not allowed for IVP testing used at-home.
- iTEP is providing you a FREE preview test upon registration. We encourage you to take the preview test first. This will help you get used to the iTEP test and make sure there are no technical issues.
- iTEP Virtual proctoring works on any PC/MAC with the correct Internet speeds. See technical instructions below. IMPORANT: For Apple/MAC computers you CANNOT use the default Safari browser.
- Broadband Internet connection:
- Download speed – 750 kbps minimum
- Upload speed – 250 kbps minimum
- Desktop or Laptop only
- Operating System: Windows 7 or newer or Mac OS X
- CPU: 700 MHz Pentium II-class processor or newer
- Memory: 512 MB
- Video – Monitor and standard VGA card, capable of 800 x 600 resolution or greater, and able to display a minimum of 256 colors (16 bit color or better is recommended).
- Sound Card – 16-bit sound card
- Headset, microphone, keyboard, mouse, and webcam
- Respondus Lockdown browser (PC or Mac)
Download here: https://www.iteptest.com/
SET UP AND PREPARATION
- Shut down all running applications on your computer
- Turn up the volume on your computer system or headphones
LOGIN & REGISTER FOR EXAM
- Access your iTEP test by navigating to the testing link in your email.
- Click on “Begin Exam” and go through the Technical Checklist.
- Click “Yes” when the screen asks if the test has a speaking section.
- Click “Yes” when the screen asks if the test requires a camera.
- If the Technical Checklist indicates any missing components, please install those components (RED text indicates software is missing, GREEN indicates software is installed correctly) by following the directions indicated in the pop-up window that will appear.
- If all of the sections: Web Browser, Internet Connection Speed, Audio Player, Voice Recorder, and Camera are all followed by GREEN check marks, please click the “Next” button and continue to the next step.
- You will now come to the Login screen. Please enter your Test ID and password provided in the Virtual Proctoring Exam email. Click the “Next” button to proceed.
- You will now come to the Registration screen. Please enter your registration information. Click the “Next” button to proceed.
- A few screens will let you adjust your volume and tell you about the test.
- From the “Prepare to Start” screen, click the “Next” button to start the test!