Thank you for your payment! You will receive your test ID in 24-48 hours.
Requirements and Process
How does Virtual Proctoring work?
Get Ready to Test!
- You must have an activated webcam positioned to see your entire face. You will be on camera throughout the entire test.
- Our Fotosure security software takes photos every minute of the test and every photo is reviewed by the iTEP graders.
- There is ZERO TOLERANCE for cheating. Any instances of cheating will result in your test scores being invalidated and the school will be notified.
- iTEP is providing you a FREE practice test upon registration. We encourage you to take the practice test first. This will help you get used to the iTEP test and make sure there are no technical issues.
- iTEP Virtual proctoring works on any PC/MAC with the correct Internet speeds. See technical instructions below. IMPORANT: For Apple/MAC computes you CAN NOT use the default Safari browser. You may use Edge, Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. If you try to use Safari the test will not work correctly.
- Broadband Internet connection:
- Download speed – 750 kbps minimum
- Upload speed – 250 kbps minimum
- Desktop or Laptop only
- Operating System: Windows 7 or newer or Mac OS X
- CPU: 700 MHz Pentium II-class processor or newer
- Memory: 512 MB
- Video – Monitor and standard VGA card, capable of 800 x 600 resolution or greater, and able to display a minimum of 256 colors (16 bit color or better is recommended).
- Sound Card – 16-bit sound card
- Headset and microphone, keyboard, mouse
- Adobe Flash Player (latest version) for use with Internet Explorer
- Verify your Flash installation here:http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/Download Flash Player here: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash/
- Microsoft Internet Explorer browser (version 9 or higher) (PC ONLY) – Download IE here:
- Google Chrome browser (latest version) (PC or Mac) – Download Chrome here
- Mozilla Firefox browser (latest version) (PC or Mac) –Download Firefox here:
- Please note: Safari is not allowed
SET UP AND PREPARATION
- During the Technical Checklist: If the audio check says MP3, you do not need to install Flash. If it says Flash, please make sure you have the latest version. Install Adobe FLASH here.
- Turn up the volume on your computer system and plug in your headphones
LOGIN & REGISTER FOR EXAM
Access your iTEP test by navigating to the testing link in your email.
- Click on “CLICK TO BEGIN” and go through the Technical Checklist.
If the Technical Checklist indicates any missing components, please install those components (RED
text indicates software is missing, GREEN indicates software is installed correctly) by following the
directions indicated in the pop up window that will appear.
- Your test has a speaking section, click the “YES” button when asked if there is a speaking section.
- Your test MUST your camera! Click the “YES” button and make sure your camera works and your face is fully visible.
- If all of the sections: Web Browser, Internet Connection Speed, Audio Player, Voice Recorder, and camera are all followed by GREEN text, please click the “Next” button and continue to the next step.
- You will now come upon the registration screen. Please enter your information. Click the “Next” button to proceed.
- A few screens will let you adjust your volume and tell you about the test.
- From the “Prepare to Start” screen, click the “Next” button to start the test.
Do you have any questions?
We are here to help you schedule your iTEP test no matter the circumstance. Whether you need to schedule to test from home or are looking for study materials, don’t hesitate to reach out by clicking the button below.