The International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP) was introduced in 2008 to modernize English language assessment with on-demand scheduling, 24-hour grading, and accurate test data. iTEP tests provide a convenient and cost-effective testing option delivered in a highly secure environment. Testing is available for universities, secondary schools, companies, independent professionals, and governments around the world.
iTEP International is headquartered in
Los Angeles, California, USA.
About the Position
Reporting to the Academic Coordinator/Academic Director, graders are responsible for grading writing and speaking samples of iTEP’s academic and business/career exams. Grading must be completed within the twenty-four-hour turnaround guarantee that iTEP promises test takers. Graders are granted the flexibility to score exams on their own schedule and can score a reasonable number of tests on a monthly basis.
Note: This is not a full-time position. This is an independent contractor position. Hours are flexible and grading loads varying throughout the year as testing levels increase or decrease.
Compensation: based upon the number of tests graded, not an hourly wage.
- B.A./M.A. in English, TESOL, Linguistics or similar field from a regionally accredited university in the United States.
- At least one year of experience teaching English.
- One year of experience grading ESL assignments (E.g.: tests, quizzes, essays).
- OR – appropriate degree and substantial experience with exam grading.
- Score writing and speaking samples according to iTEP writing/speaking rubrics.
- Review all test security features – such as Fotosure and ID photos – of completed tests.
- Notify iTEP staff of any suspicion of cheating or plagiarism.
- Mark tests under Review, Technical Difficulties, etc. when needed and provide explanation to the Master Grader.
- Check for and compare previous tests taken by test takers.
- Confirm identity of each test taker and carefully review for testing irregularities.
- Be available for periodic meetings with the Academic Director.
- Participate in periodic quality control and grading review sessions with the Master Grader as needed.
To apply for this position, submit a resume and letter of interest by using the form below