iTEP is currently seeking to fill 5 grading positions:
TYPE 1 – Monday-Friday (15 hrs per week)
3 contracts available
- TYPE 2 – Saturday-Sunday + 1-2 floating weekdays (9-12 hrs per week)
1-3 contracts available
- TYPE 3 – Weekend only (6-8 hrs per week)
1-2 contracts available
Note: Graders typically complete one 3-hr scoring session per working day. Scheduling is somewhat flexible between 2am ET – 8pm ET (18hr span). During busy weeks, there are opportunities to pick up additional grading hours.
QualificationsM.A. in ESL, TESOL, or Applied Linguistics from a regionally accredited institution and related experience in the following:
- 3-5 years of experience teaching English to language learners from a variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and at various ages.
- Explicit familiarity with language development stages and common features of learners at each stage.
- Ability to characterize a learner’s language production through a proficiency descriptor framework, such as CEFR or ACTFL.
- 1-2 years experience evaluating L2 English writing/speaking sample with rubrics
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Experience living or working in multi or cross-cultural contexts
- Experience teaching middle and or high school English Language Learners
- Previous work developing rubrics or building ESL curriculum