Reporting to the Academic Director/ Academic Coordinator graders are responsible for grading writing and speaking samples of iTEP’s academic and business/career exams. Grading must be completed within the twenty-four-hour turnaround guarantee that iTEP promises test takers. Graders are granted the flexibility to score exams on their own schedule and can score a reasonable number of tests on a monthly basis.
Note: This is not a full-time position. This is an independent contractor position. Hours are flexible and grading loads vary throughout the year as testing levels increase or decrease
Compensation: Based upon the number of tests graded, not an hourly wage.
M.A. in ESL, TESOL, Applied Linguistics from a regionally accredited institution and related experience in the following:
- 1-2 years of experience teaching ESL/foreign language
- 1-2 years of experience grading tests, exams, developing ESL curriculum, and familiarity with CEFR levels A1-C2
- Experience with ESL test development
- First language English
- Overseas/Study Abroad experience
- Score writing and speaking samples according to iTEP writing/speaking rubrics
- Review all test security features – such as Fotosure and ID photos – of completed tests
- Notify iTEP staff of any suspicion of cheating or plagiarism
- Mark tests under Review, Technical Difficulties, etc. when needed and provide explanation to the Academic Team
- Check for and compare previous tests taken by test takers
- Confirm identity of each test taker and carefully review for testing irregularities
- Be available for periodic meetings with the Academic Director
- Participate in periodic quality control and grading review sessions with the Academic Team
- Training ongoing
To apply for this position, submit letter of interest and resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the form below.