Content Developers report to the Academic Director and work directly with the Academic team assisting in the development of Grammar, Reading, Listening, Writing, and Speaking items for iTEP’s academic and business/career exams for all proficiency levels. The amount of work will depend upon demand and may be done remotely. It is highly important that applicants for this job have a computer and phone available to communicate with iTEP staff members as needed.
*Note. Content development is contracted by iTEP on a project basis. This is not a full-time position, but periodic work throughout the year would be anticipated based upon cost and demand for content.
Compensation: Based upon successful completion of projects.
- M.A. in ESL, TESOL, Applied Linguistics or similar field from a regionally accredited university in the United States.
- At least two years of experience as a Content Developer for standardized ESL assessments.
- Be available for Zoom/Skype meetings and phone calls with the Academic team when necessary
- Keep clear and concise communication with the Academic team to ensure proper and efficient creation and delivery of items in a timely manner
- Keep iTEP test item development strictly confidential
- Provide the Academic Director with expected cost and time-needed-to complete estimates in writing for each needed project
- Delivery of projects on time and as planned with the Academic team
- Experience in item writing for English as a Second Language macro assessments