iTEP SLATE (Secondary Level Assessment Test of English) is the English test for young learners applying to institutions. Tailored for young learners, accurate, fast, and convenient — it’s no wonder we are always growing our list of secondary school partners. The test comes in two test forms. First, we offer iTEP SLATE Plus. This test assesses grammar, listening, reading, writing, and speaking. We also have iTEP SLATE Core, which assesses only grammar, listening, and reading.
- iTEP SLATE Brochure
- Validity & Reliability
- Sample Score Report
- Existing Clients
- Saudi Arabian Government; LIQAAT Case Study
- Sample Test
How much does iTEP Cost?
iTEP SLATE Plus costs $129. However, iTEP partners enjoy special institutional prices.
How are iTEP tests administered?
We administer iTEP tests online. However, for admissions purposes, we administer SLATE Plus only at certified iTEP Test Centers. Fortunately, we have hundreds of test centers around the world.
How long do iTEP tests last?
The SLATE Core test takes 60 minutes, and SLATE Plus test takes 80 minutes. And this includes a 10 minute preparation period.
Using iTEP SLATE as English Test for Young Learners
- Admissions: Evaluate students’ English ability as part of the admissions process. Students love iTEP because they can schedule a test on demand, and take it at one of 600+ test centers around the world. And institutions love that this convenience comes at no cost to them.
- Placement: Place students in appropriate English language programs. institutions can offer iTEP SLATE on campus, and on demand. So placement can occur either before the student arrives, or just before classes start.
- Pre- and Post-Course Assessment: Track student progress from their first day to their last. And as your assessment history grows, you gather data on your strengths and weaknesses. iTEP SLATE, therefore, also allows institutions to assess themselves.
- Progress: iTEP SLATE helps you keep a close eye on your students’ scores. And our assessment matrix shows where they need to improve. Because of this, you can offer the most effective teaching possible.
- Make It Your Own: You can create a custom iTEP exam, and test only the skills most important to your institution. Further, you can also select our “White-Label” option, and display only your name and logo on the test.
iTEP SLATE Structure
There are two versions of the iTEP SLATE exam. First, there is SLATE Core. iTEP SLATE Core has three sections: grammar, listening and reading. Secondly, there is SLATE Plus. SLATE Plus covers all of Core, as well as writing and speaking. Of course, the content in each section will vary for different proficiency levels. So you can be sure that students receive the test best for them.
Existing Partners and Endorsements
iTEP SLATE is growing rapidly in the secondary education market. Click here to see a full list of our existing clients.